Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

"stop biting your nails"

our gorgeous boy started biting his nails quite a while ago but its really gone to another level lately!!! telling him not to do it doesnt help and the state of his nails is really bad at the moment, he bites them that they bleed and really is past the nail bed already! when we shout not to bite his finger nails he tries with his toe nails!!! arrrgggghhhh!!!!


we got some stuff to paint on his nails called bitterex which really is very bitter! it is putting him off a little bit, but he is still trying to eat them every chance he gets !!!


any advise on how we can break this habit??? deqlan comes for a long line of nail biters including meggie and uncle ken - maybe its in the genes?

p.s- deqlan delighted to be back at school :)

have a great week everyone
god bless all our love
mark samm deqlan logan

i can do all things through christ who strengthens me

1 comment:

  1. I didn't stop biting my nails until I had children and didn't want them to pick up my bad habit. Nothing else really worked for me. Now, I still nibble occasionally when I have too much caffeine in my system (I know that's not a problem for Deq). It is a hard habit for someone else to break for you.

    When we were trying to teach my younger sister not to tongue thrust (which was a habit that would cause dental problems and speech problems if she persisted, we were all supposed to make a particular quiet noise when she did it to help her remember to self correct. You might try a clicker or some other repetitive reminder when you find him doing it, just to make him mindful.

    ReplyDelete